• 1

Dr. Sobhani, the CEO of Mobarakeh Steel Company, accompanied by a number of his deputies and directors, visited the steelmaking and the continuous rolling mill of Saba Plant on October 19, 2015, and assessed the construction process progress of projects in that area.
Bahman Khalili, the project manager at the steelmaking and continuous rolling plants of Saba announced the news and added, “During this visit, Dr. Sobhani and his entourage closely inspected Water Distribution Plant, SVC, Material Handling Unit and the loading silos, FTP Unit, Ladle Furnace and Electric Arc Furnace, thin slab casting, Hot Rolling Tunnel Kiln, and the Auxiliary Plants of Saba Developmental projects.”
Regarding the same issue he added that, “after this visit, a meeting was held to address the project issues during which the progress report were submitted, problems were elucidated by the contractors and the designated authorities of each division, and finally the CEO provided the necessary guidelines for facilitating the progress of the developmental plans to all the executive agents, demanding that they address the problems and speed up all activities until the project is fully implemented.”
With respect to the sub-ceiling development initiative in the steelmaking and continuous rolling plants, Bahman Khalili later added, “The project at hand is to increase the production capacity of the steelmaking and continuous casting mills from 700 thousand tons to one million and 600 thousand tons a year. The initiative entails the installation of a 150-tonne arc furnace equipped with the material handling system, a ladle furnace, a thin slab casting mill with the tunnel kiln, seventh rolling stand, secondary coils, third roller grinding machine, revamping the current line in addition to a full automation make-over of the mill.”
“Around 25,000 tons of equipment and steel structure is going to be erected in this project, of which 74% belongs to the local portion and the rest 26% is the foreign equipment. In addition, equipment installation is under progress in all the development units and the relevant physical progress is 78% till date”, he continued.